Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
The Risk Division is a highly visible and dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of the decision-making that supports the bank’s business. Our responsibilities range from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfil our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a reciprocal and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
The CSSSV Enterprise Operational Risk Management (EORM) and Treasury and Liquidity risk management team supports the CSSSV CRO with the COO activities of the CSSSV CRO team, a team of 9 full time employees based in Madrid and Poland.
The role will have direct responsibility for the COO activities like reviews of budget, maintaining up to date job specs, org charts, ensuring policies are up to date. The COO will also be the primary contact for ensuring the effective supervision of the services received by the CSSSV CRO from other entities in line with the local regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will also be, when needed the junior support to the Head of Enterprise Operational Risk Management (EORM) and Treasury and Liquidity risk management and other senior risk executives in the CSSSV CRO organization; for example: taking minutes of committees, building spreadsheets, performing certain simple tasks under the authority of a senior risk executive.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be flexible, organizational savvy, organized, articulated and details oriented. You need a good risk culture, as well as some experience in interacting with senior audiences such as the Chief Risk Officer. The role gives a good opportunity to evolve into a risk expert role and to take an active part in crafting the overall risk profile of the entity while it is expanding over the next few years its portfolio and the spectrum of its activities.
• Ensure the supervision of the services provided to the CSSSV CRO is effective and escalate to the CRO any services not delivered in line with the appropriate standards.
• Ensure the team´s job specs, org chart, budget, policies are up to date.
• Ensure the deliveries of the CSSSV CRO team are tracked and provide visibility to management on project issues as they arise.
• Take minutes of team meetings and certain risk committees.
• Coordinate certain deliverables (regulatory changes, internal changes etc) and gather data for senior risk executives.
• When needed support the senior risk executives with building spreadsheets, building risk dashboard, preparing presentations.
• Support the preparation of risk committees’ packs and regular updates made by risk executives to the governance forum of the entity.